MINUTES from the meeting of the Commission Assembly of Confectioners in Bern (Switzerland) on 27th January 2015
Agenda Item 1: Chairman Gerhard Schenk welcomes the participants (see signature list).
Agenda Item 2: Mr. Schenk mentions again the good organization of the meetings in Poznan and the exact assignment of tasks to the individual commissions.
Agenda Item 3: The participants jointly develop the guidelines for the proposals for the UIBC award “World Confectioner of the Year”.
Every member of the UIBC has the right to propose one candidate and must justify this proposal in writing. Requirements and criteria for eligibility of the candidates are:
- The candidate must operate his/her own Bakery-Confectionery-Cafeteria.
- The candidate must have passed a professional training exam as confectioner.
- The candidate must be younger than 50 years
- Proof of Publications
- Proof of successful participation in competitions
- Proof of marketing activities
- Proof of innovation activities
The application must include a Curriculum Vitae with a photo.
The deadline for submission is 30th April 2015 (receipt of the documents at the Secretariat in Madrid). In mid-June 2015, all UIBC member countries will receive a list of the candidates.
Additional agreements with the World Confectioner of the Year:
- To mention and represent the UIBC at public events and activities for at least 1 year.
- To create and offer a desert or praliné for aprox. 150 persons at the Award Ceremony and, if possible, to make a small exhibition of artistic pieces.
These guidelines shall also be adopted for the World Baker of the Year, a decision to that effect is planned to be taken at the next CAB meeting.
Since the criteria for the awards of World Baker / World Confectioner have changed now, members of outstanding merits can be appointed as UIBC Honorary Members in the future. Such proposals can be made by the UIBC Presidium or member countries themselves. A decision to this effect has yet to be taken.
Agenda Item 4: For the World Confectionery Day, the participants unanimously agree on February 14th / Valentine’s Day, since Valentine’s Day is celebrated worldwide on this date. The poster should wear the following text:
14th February – Valentine’s Day
Day of Sweet Temptation
Photos: A cake and a praliné in heart shapes.
The World Confectioner will be asked to make a proposal and present it at IBA. Poster designs will also be available at IBA.
Agenda Item 5: Mr. Koerffer from Sweden points out that, in the future, other issues should be addressed. Chairman Schenk has also recognized this, but asks for understanding that the current issues need to be addressed now.