Winners of the 47th UIBC International Competition of Young Bakers 2018
From 11th to 15th April, Valencia has been the host of the International Competition of Young Bakers, a UIBC competition, which is being held every year in different member countries, since 1971. Eleven countries participated in this year’s event: Germany, France, Belgium, Sweden, Portugal, Brazil, Chile, Turkey, Thailand, Netherlands and Spain.
Like every year, each country sent two candidates, who are usually the first and second place winners of their national championships. The categories that each participant was required to fulfill were Bread, Bread Rolls, Sweet Yeast Pastries, Danish Pastries, Artistic Showpiece and Sandwich.
The winners of the 47th UIBC International Competition of Young Bakers 2018 are:
- First Prize: Pernilla Boström (Sweden)
- Second Prize: Guillaume Caumel (France)
- Third Prize: Tintin Larsson (Sweden)
Awards by categories:
Category Awards were given to:
- BREAD – Ivon Schwellenberg (Germany)
- BREAD ROLLS – Dominik Hinkelmann (Germany)
- SWEET YEAST PASTRIES – Jade Genin (France)
- DANISH PASTRIES – Berre Ceuppens (Belgium)
- SHOW PIECE – Jorne Lauwers (Belgium)
- SANDWICH – Jeroen Timmers (Netherlands)
- The OVERALL COUNTRY WIN went to Sweden.
- The NEW COUNTRY AWARD went to Turkey.
Congratulations to all the winners and the participants! We look forward to seeing your country teams at the next Competition in 2019”.